Make the Way Straight

makethewaystraight.com

Message Boards

Forum Home > General Discussion > Yirmiyah/Jeremiah13:21:...You have taught them to be captains, and as chief over you...

Phillip
Site Owner

Jer.13:21:...thou hast taught them to be captains, and as chief over thee...

Yirmi'Yah/Jeremiah:13:21: What wilt thou say when HE shall punish thee?  for thou hast taught them to be captains, and as chief over thee: shall not sorrows take thee, as a woman in travail?

Psalms:83:3: They have taken crafty counsel against THY people, and consulted against THY hidden ones.

Revelation:6:5: And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
Re:6:6: And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

Re:13:1: And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

I have been looking at the Beast government all-wrong. I was thinking the ten kings would be coming out of Europe but I don't believe that is the case. I believe the ten kings will unite with the European Union to fight against the "House of Israel" and the "House of Judah" (Ezek. 4). The European Union is the head of the beast that the ten horns are mounted on. The ten kings will be coming out of the Middle East.

None of the tribes of Israel of the "House of Israel" can be part of the European Union so something has to happen between now or maybe right when the "son of perdition" takes away the sacrifices (Daniel 12:11) the structure of the European Union will change. I have said in the pass that World War II was a marker of who the tribes of Israel are. Those allies that fought on the side of the UK and USA and were taken over by the Axis powers in North Western Europe are more than likely of the tribes of Israel. If you look at the membership of NATO there are 19 member nations. Ten are believed to be of the "House of Israel" the USA and UK being the shepherd tribes (Genesis 48, 49:22-26) and the other nine are considered gentile nations (Australia and New Zealand are part of the "House of Israel"):

Remember I believe Revelation 6:5-6 the third seal with the black horse is dealing with economy, buying and selling (Rev. 13:17).

Read articles:

15) What about NATO?

33) End Time Scenario

58) Relavence of Jer. 13

61) Zechariah 5 & 6

72) How Ezekiel 16.... 

74) The Flaming Sword...

Page last updated at 16:17 GMT, Sunday, 21 December 2008

Iraq compromise on non-US troops

British soldier in Basra (17 December 2008)
The UK plans to withdraw its 4,100 troops by the end of July 2009

A compromise has been reached to let Iraq's parliament vote on a resolution allowing non-US forces to remain in Iraq beyond the end of 2008, MPs say.

On Saturday, they rejected a bill which gave the 6,000 troops from the UK and other states a legal basis to stay once the UN mandate expires on 31 December.

A resolution would allow the government to sign deals with each country.

The 140,000 US troops are allowed to remain until the end of 2011 under a separate status of forces agreement.

Earlier, UK Defence Secretary John Hutton described Saturday's vote as "a minor hiccup", but said he was confident a deal would be reached.

The UK has already said it plans to withdraw by the end of July.

Shia opposition

A day after the Iraqi cabinet's draft bill was rejected, members of the Council of Representatives said the main parties had agreed to approve a resolution which should allow non-US troops to stay on until the end of July 2009.

Ali al-Adeeb, a member of the governing United Iraqi Alliance told reporters the parliament would vote on the resolution on Monday.

There will have to be an agreement, a proper agreement, before our guys are out on the streets
UK Defence Secretary John Hutton

The BBC's Caroline Wyatt in Baghdad says a parliamentary resolution should only need a simple majority to pass, which the governing parties are optimistic about achieving.

A resolution would authorise the Iraqi government to sign separate bilateral deals with each nation which would give them the legal protection their troops need to remain beyond the end of this month, our correspondent says.

The move is a way of getting around opposition to a law, she adds.

Some MPs said they had rejected the draft because its terms were not as strict as the pact governing US forces agreed this month.

Others, loyal to the radical Shia cleric, Moqtada Sadr, said they wanted the foreign troops to leave Iraq when the UN mandate ends.

NON-US FORCES IN IRAQ
UK - 4,100
Australia - 1,000
Romania - 500
El Salvador - 200
Estonia - 40

Earlier in the week, UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown announced that the UK planned to withdraw its troops from southern Iraq by the end of July 2009, as envisaged by the draft law.

Military operations will end by 31 May and the remaining 4,100 service personnel will leave within two months. Several hundred trainers will remain, some working with the Iraqi navy.

On Sunday, the British defence secretary said it would be "very serious" if an agreement was not finalised before 31 December, but added that there were "contingency plans" in place in case should that happen.

Apart from the US and UK, the only countries continuing to provide troops for Multi-National Force - Iraq (MNF-I) are Australia, El Salvador, Estonia and Romania.

South Korean troops ended their mission in Iraq on Friday, joining their Japanese counterparts, who pulled out a day earlier.

December 24, 2008 at 11:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phillip
Site Owner

Yirmi'Yah/Jeremiah:13:21: What wilt thou say when HE shall punish thee?  for thou hast taught them to be captains, and as chief over thee: shall not sorrows take thee, as a woman in travail?

Psalms:83:3: They have taken crafty counsel against THY people, and consulted against THY hidden ones.

Revelation:6:5: And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
Re:6:6: And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

Re:13:1: And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

I have been looking at the Beast government all-wrong. I was thinking the ten kings would be coming out of Europe but I don’t believe that is the case. I believe the ten kings will unite with the European Union to fight against the “House of Israel” and the “House of Judah” (Ezek. 4). The European Union is the head of the beast that the ten horns are mounted on. The ten kings will be coming out of the Middle East.

None of the tribes of Israel of the “House of Israel” can be part of the European Union so something has to happen between now or maybe right when the “son of perdition” takes away the sacrifices (Daniel 12:11) the structure of the European Union will change. I have said in the pass that World War II was a marker of who the tribes of Israel are. Those allies that fought on the side of the UK and USA and were taken over by the Axis powers in North Western Europe are more than likely of the tribes of Israel. If you look at the membership of NATO there are 19 member nations. Ten are believed to be of the “House of Israel” the USA and UK being the shepherd tribes (Genesis 48, 49:22-26) and the other nine are considered gentile nations (Australia and New Zealand are part of the “House of Israel”):

Remember I believe Revelation 6:5-6 the third seal with the black horse is dealing with economy, buying and selling (Rev. 13:17).

Read articles:

15) What about NATO?

33) End Time Scenario

58) Relavence of Jer. 13

61) Zechariah 5 & 6

72) How Ezekiel 16....

74) The Flaming Sword...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7863529.stm

Page last updated at 11:37 GMT, Sunday, 1 February 2009

Surge in voting by Iraqi Sunnis

Iraqi man votes in Baghdad on Saturday
Turnout was lower than some had expected

Turnout in Saturday's provincial elections in Iraq was 51%, according to figures from the electoral commission.

This was lower than some had predicted, but Iraqi officials told news agencies turnout had jumped in some mainly Sunni areas which previously boycotted polls.

US President Barack Obama hailed the largely peaceful vote, which he called "an important step forward".

Figures provided to AFP news agency suggest January was the most peaceful month since 2003's US-led invasion.

A victory for all the Iraqis
Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Maliki on the polls

In total 191 civilians, soldiers and police were killed, authorities told AFP - down 42% on December's toll, which was at the time itself the lowest figure for three years.

"I consider the toll is due to the efforts of the Iraqi security forces, and the support of the Iraqi people, which helped to keep down the terror," defence ministry spokesman Maj Gen Mohammad al-Askari told AFP.

"This toll is the lowest since 2003," he said.

Sharp rise

Turnout in Saturday's vote was 51% - lower than the 55.7% seen in 2005 polls, the Independent High Electoral Commission said on Sunday.

The figure was lower than some predictions of about 60%.

IRAQI ELECTIONS
2003: US appoints Governing Council
2004: Governing Council elects interim government
Aug 2004: National conference elects interim national assembly
Jan 2005: First general elections for transitional national assembly and provincial councils - Sunnis boycott vote
Dec 2005: General elections for first full-term government and parliament
Jan 2009: Elections for provincial councils - key test of security gains
Late 2009: General elections due

But turnout shot up in some Sunni-dominated parts of the country, such as Ninevah province, where it is thought to have reached at least 60% compared with 14% four years ago, Iraqi officials told news agencies.

The elections were held in 14 of the country's 18 provinces, with more than 14,000 candidates competing for just 440 seats.

There was no voting in the three provinces of the semi-autonomous Kurdish region of the north and the ballot was postponed in oil-rich Kirkuk province.

Official results from Saturday's polls are expected in a few days' time.

'Taking responsibility'

The first nationwide vote in four years was seen as a test of stability before a general election due later this year.

President Obama said he congratulated the people of Iraq on the smooth-running elections.

"This important step forward should continue the process of Iraqis taking responsibility for their future," he said in a statement.

Mr Obama urged the newly elected councils to "get seated, select new governors, and begin work on behalf of the Iraqi people who elected them".

Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Maliki called the polls "a victory for all the Iraqis".

February 4, 2009 at 4:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

I have been looking at the Beast government all-wrong. I was thinking the ten kings would be coming out of Europe but I don’t believe that is the case. I believe the ten kings will unite with the European Union to fight against the “House of Israel” and the “House of Judah” (Ezek. 4). The European Union is the head of the beast that the ten horns are mounted on. The ten kings will be coming out of the Middle East.

None of the tribes of Israel of the “House of Israel” can be part of the European Union so something has to happen between now or maybe right when the “son of perdition” takes away the sacrifices (Daniel 12:11) the structure of the European Union will change. I have said in the pass that World War II was a marker of who the tribes of Israel are. Those allies that fought on the side of the UK and USA and were taken over by the Axis powers in North Western Europe are more than likely of the tribes of Israel. If you look at the membership of NATO there are 19 member nations. Ten are believed to be of the “House of Israel” the USA and UK being the shepherd tribes (Genesis 48, 49:22-26) and the other nine are considered gentile nations (Australia and New Zealand are part of the “House of Israel”):

Read articles:

15) What about NATO?

33) End Time Scenario

58) Relavence of Jer. 13

61) Zechariah 5 & 6

72) How Ezekiel 16....

74) The Flaming Sword...

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/Flash.aspx/160450

US Will Sell Syria Plane Parts

Reported: 15:58 PM - Feb/08/09

(IsraelNN.com) A Syrian paper reported Sunday that the U.S. Department of Commerce agreed to sell plane parts to Syria. The parts will be used to repair two Boeing 747s which are currently out of use in the country.

Former U.S. President Bush had forbid U.S. commerce with Syria {accept} for food and medicines. The Obama administration has been more lax in its approach to countries which support terrorism.

February 9, 2009 at 5:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

I have been looking at the Beast government all-wrong. I was thinking the ten kings would be coming out of Europe but I don't believe that is the case. I believe the ten kings will unite with the European Union to fight against the "House of Israel" and the "House of Judah" (Ezek. 4). The European Union is the head of the beast that the ten horns are mounted on. The ten kings will be coming out of the Middle East.

None of the tribes of Israel of the "House of Israel" can be part of the European Union so something has to happen between now or maybe right when the "son of perdition" takes away the sacrifices (Daniel 12:11) the structure of the European Union will change. I have said in the pass that World War II was a marker of who the tribes of Israel are. Those allies that fought on the side of the UK and USA and were taken over by the Axis powers in North Western Europe are more than likely of the tribes of Israel. If you look at the membership of NATO there are 19 member nations. Ten are believed to be of the "House of Israel" the USA and UK being the shepherd tribes (Genesis 48, 49:22-26) and the other nine are considered gentile nations (Australia and New Zealand are part of the "House of Israel"):

Read articles:

15) What about NATO?

33) End Time Scenario

58) Relavence of Jer. 13

61) Zechariah 5 & 6

72) How Ezekiel 16.... 

74) The Flaming Sword...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7896522.stm

Page last updated at 10:39 GMT, Wednesday, 18 February 2009

Syria urges better ties with US

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, file image
Mr Assad says his country is a "player" in the Middle East

President Bashar al-Assad of Syria has urged the US in a newspaper interview to engage in talks with Damascus and restore full diplomatic ties.

He told the UK's Guardian newspaper the signs coming from the Obama administration had been "positive".

But he said there had not yet been a definite change of policy from the US.

Former President George W Bush largely shunned Syria, in protest at its support for militant groups such as Hezbollah and its friendship with Iran.

But in his interview, Mr Assad said his country was vital to finding a solution to the conflicts in the Middle East.

"We are a player in the region. If you want to talk about peace, you can't advance without Syria," he told the Guardian.

Israel criticism

After years of diplomatic isolation, Damascus has seen a flurry of visits in recent months by leaders including French President Nicolas Sarkozy.

And Mr Assad said he was confident the Americans were also keen to engage in talks.

"We have the impression that this administration will be different and we have seen the signals. But we have to wait for the reality and the results."

John Kerry, chairman of the US Senate committee on foreign relations, is heading a US delegation to Damascus later this week - a move Mr Assad described as "important".

But he added: "We are still in the period of gestures and signals. There is nothing real yet."

On the possibility of improved relations with Israel following recent elections there, he said: "Betting on the Israeli government is a waste of time."

But he said he expected peace talks between Israel and Syria to resume "in the end".

February 20, 2009 at 5:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Read articles:

15) What about NATO?

33) End Time Scenario

58) Relavence of Jer. 13

61) Zechariah 5 & 6

72) How Ezekiel 16.... 

74) The Flaming Sword...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7907483.stm

Page last updated at 13:23 GMT, Tuesday, 24 February 2009

US to donate '$900m in Gaza aid'

The rubble of a house in Jabaliya, Gaza (22/02/2009)
Around 21,000 homes were destroyed or damaged during the recent conflict.

The United States is preparing to donate some $900m (£621m) for Gaza, an Obama administration official said.

The aid would not go to Hamas, the group that controls the territory, but it would help the Palestinian Authority, the official added.

It comes as the US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton prepares to attend a Palestinian donors' conference.

Any US aid would have to be approved by Congress, where some are wary that funds could still end up with Hamas.

The donors' conference in Egypt next week will discuss humanitarian and reconstruction needs in the Gaza Strip after Israel's recent military offensive.

Two separate Palestinian surveys have put the cost of the damage at just under $2bn.

Without power

The US official spoke anonymously because the donation has not received final approval and he was not authorised to talk about it before it was announced by Mrs Clinton.

The US secretary of state will travel to Egypt for the conference, which is being held next Monday.

Later that week she will visit Israel, according to officials in Jerusalem, for her first trip to the region in her new role.

GAZA CRISIS
Children in Jabaliya, Gaza (23/02/2009)

She is also expected to visit the West Bank. Although she is unlikely to go to Gaza, a US official said.

The US considers Hamas a terrorist organisation and refuses to deal with the group but it recognises the West Bank-based Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas.

The aid would go to nongovernmental and UN organisations, with some going to the Palestinian Authority, the official said.

Around 1,300 Palestinians, of whom 412 were children, were killed during the Israeli offensive on Gaza; 21,000 homes were destroyed or badly damaged. Thirteen Israelis were killed during the three weeks of violence.

In its latest report, the UN says 90% of Gaza's 1.5m residents have intermittent electricity, while 50,000 people do not have access to piped water.

Israel meanwhile continues to keep Gaza's borders closed, allowing in only essential supplies.

Hamas has called for the reopening of the crossings as part of on-going Egyptian truce talks but Israel says there first needs to be an end to rocket fire from the territory, plus a halt to the smuggling of weapons and the release of a captive Israeli solider.

February 26, 2009 at 5:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Read articles:

15) What about NATO?

33) End Time Scenario

58) Relavence of Jer. 13

61) Zechariah 5 & 6

72) How Ezekiel 16.... 

74) The Flaming Sword...

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/130508

US Helps Inaugurate Jericho Training Base for PA Army

Adar 23, 5769, 19 March 09 10:22
by Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu

(IsraelNN.com) A U.S. State Department official was on hand this week for the inauguration of a new training base in Jericho for an emerging Palestinian Authority army. Assistant Secretary of State for International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs David T. Johnson and Palestinian Authority Prime Minister Salaam Fayyad formally opened the Presidential Guard Training Center in Jericho. 

The base is part of an American policy to strengthen the PA armed forces with American training and equipment, except for weapons, which are provided by Arab countries. The objective is to change an overstaffed and corrupt system to an orderly authority that can take over security in Judea and Samaria and prepare the PA to become an independent country.

However, the security forces that have been deployed in several PA-controlled Arab cities generally do not confront terrorists, leaving the IDF the task of rounding up wanted men. The United States has been careful to call the trainees “police officers” or "special forces" instead of an army.

Johnson praised the work of the Presidential Guard, considered the most capable soldiers in the PA force and which is responsible directly to PA chairman Mahmoud Abbas. The new army was instrumental in squashing Arab riots during Israel's recent Operation Cast Lead counterterrorist campaign in Gaza.

The training base has also served as a public works project for the PA, providing work for contractors and laborers the past 16 months, under the supervision of a United Nations agency. It includes sleeping and eating facilities, parade grounds and an obstacle course. Hamas has accused the forces of torture.

The Jericho center is capable of training up to 700 men at a time and is the first of several facilities planned for Arab security forces throughout Judea and Samaria. By the summer, 1,700 soldiers will have completed the training under the supervision of U.S. army General Keith Dayton.

March 20, 2009 at 10:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Read articles:

15) What about NATO?

33) End Time Scenario

58) Relavence of Jer. 13

61) Zechariah 5 & 6

72) How Ezekiel 16.... 

74) The Flaming Sword...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7973235.stm

Page last updated at 23:00 GMT, Monday, 30 March 2009 00:00 UK

UK in Iraq, the beginning of the end

By Caroline Wyatt
Defence correspondent, BBC News, Basra

The withdrawal of British forces from Iraq will begin on Tuesday as the top British general in southern Iraq hands over his command to an American general in Basra.

Major General Andy Salmon will transfer authority for what will become Multi-National Division South to US Major General Michael Oates. He will now command British and American forces in the south of the country.

UK troops, Basra province
The bulk of British forces have to leave Iraq by the end of July

A few British troops will leave Basra on Tuesday - although the majority of the 4,000 British forces still in southern Iraq are not due to go just yet.

Most will leave by 31 May, the official date set for the end of combat operations, with only about 400 remaining after that - either in coalition HQ roles or helping to train and mentor the Iraq navy in the port of Umm Qasr.

Under the current agreement with the Iraqi government, the bulk of British forces have to leave Iraq by the end of July.

Annie's Pretzels

In a separate deal, American troops are to stay on until the end of 2011, although this June they will have to finish withdrawing their soldiers from Iraqi cities to bases outside the main centres.

The transfer of authority does mark the beginning of the end of Britain's military presence in Iraq, six years after the US-led coalition invaded the country and deposed Saddam Hussein.

Already, the main British base at the airport just outside Basra - known as the Contingency Operating Base (COB) - is taking on an increasingly American flavour.

Fast food outlets are springing up (Annie's Pretzel Bar, motto: 'Spoiling Dinners since 1988') and convoys of American armoured vehicles can be seen churning up the tracks, scattering clouds of fine desert sand.

I think we can go with our hands on our hearts, holding our heads high, very proud of what people have achieved here over the last six years
Major General Andy Salmon

US soldiers are also a much more visible presence on the base, with British troops handing over many of the buildings and their duties at the camp, as they start packing up.

It is a major logistical operation, with 4,000 servicemen and women and six years worth of military equipment to move.

The US military role in southern Iraq will be slightly different. American forces are to focus more closely on training and mentoring the Iraqi police, who are still less trusted than their army counterparts.

They will also help train Iraqi forces to maintain border security, as well as keeping open the main supply route between the south and Baghdad.

Click link if you want read the rest of the article:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7973235.stm

April 1, 2009 at 6:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Read articles:

15) What about NATO?

33) End Time Scenario

58) Relavence of Jer. 13

61) Zechariah 5 & 6

72) How Ezekiel 16.... 

74) The Flaming Sword...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7991650.stm

Page last updated at 15:18 GMT, Thursday, 9 April 2009 16:18 UK

Shia crowds decry US role in Iraq

Tens of thousands of supporters of Shia cleric Moqtada Sadr have rallied against the US presence in Iraq, six years after Saddam Hussein's fall.

Protesters in Baghdad's Firdos Square carried pictures of the cleric and chanted slogans denouncing what they called the occupation of Iraq.

Six years ago, US troops reached the square and helped Iraqis pull down a statue of their former leader there.

US combat troops are due to pull out from Iraq's cities by the end of June.

Under a recent agreement, they are expected to remain elsewhere in the country until the end of August 2010.

Moqtada Sadr has repeatedly called for a complete and immediate US withdrawal from Iraq.

Supporters of Moqtada Sadr protest in Baghdad (09.04.09)
The rally marked the sixth anniversary of the fall of Baghdad to US forces

Protesters carrying Iraqi flags chanted slogans such as "No, no America - Yes, yes Iraq" as they thronged the streets and burned an effigy of former US President George W Bush.

"God, unite us, return our riches, free the prisoners from the prisons, return sovereignty to our country ... make our country free from the occupier, and prevent the occupier from stealing our oil," an aide to Mr Sadr read, as part of a message from the radical cleric.

Mr Sadr has not been seen in Iraq for several months and is believed to be in neighbouring Iran.

His militia - the Mehdi Army - was badly beaten in fighting with government forces both in Baghdad and in the southern city of Basra.

But the BBC's Jim Muir in Baghdad says the cleric is still showing that he has some political clout.

His political followers did quite well in January's provincial elections and he is again showing that he has the ability to call tens of thousands of people out into the streets, our correspondent says.

Withdrawal plan

The protest comes two days after Barack Obama said the time had come for Iraqis to "take responsibility for their country", during his first visit to the country after becoming US president.

Supporters of Moqtada Sadr burn effigy of former US President George W Bush in Baghdad (09.04.09)
The protesters burned an effigy of George W Bush

He confirmed his plans to withdraw all US troops from Iraq by the end of 2011.

Mr Obama has said he wants US soldiers to leave Iraqi cities by the middle of summer this year and wants most of them to be out of the country altogether by the end of 2010.

A smaller number of military advisers and support staff would remain in the country until 2011.

Levels of violence have been generally declining in Iraq but this week has seen two bombings in the mainly Shia Kadhamiya area of Baghdad, after 34 people died in apparently co-ordinated attacks on Monday.

Attacks by insurgents claimed more than 200 lives in both February and March.

Some US military and Iraqi government officials have privately expressed concern that the violence may again rise as US troops are pulled out.

April 14, 2009 at 10:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Yirmi'Yah/Jeremiah:13:21: What wilt thou say when HE shall punish thee? for thou hast taught them to be captains, and as chief over thee: shall not sorrows take thee, as a woman in travail?

Psalms:83:3: They have taken crafty counsel against THY people, and consulted against THY hidden ones.

Read articles:

15) What about NATO?

33) End Time Scenario

58) Relavence of Jer. 13

61) Zechariah 5 & 6

72) How Ezekiel 16....

74) The Flaming Sword...

Obama to visit Saudi before Egypt

Page last updated at 21:29 GMT, Tuesday, 26 May 2009 22:29 UK

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8069334.stm

President Obama added the Saudi stop to a trip to Egypt and Europe

US President Barack Obama will visit Saudi Arabia next week for talks with King Abdullah, the White House says.

Spokesman Robert Gibbs said the two leaders would meet in Riyadh on 3 June to discuss the Mid-East peace process, Iran's nuclear programme and terrorism.

The visit will be Mr Obama's first to Saudi Arabia as president.

Afterwards, he will travel to Cairo to give a major policy speech addressed to the Muslim world, and then go on to Germany and France.

The speech in Egypt fulfils an election promise and is part of Mr Obama's bid to improve the US image among key regional allies.

In Germany, the US president is set to visit the Buchenwald concentration camp.

He will wrap up the trip on 6 June by commemorating the 65th anniversary of D-Day in Normandy, France.

May 28, 2009 at 6:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Yirmi'Yah/Jeremiah:13:21: What wilt thou say when HE shall punish thee? for thou hast taught them to be captains, and as chief over thee: shall not sorrows take thee, as a woman in travail?

Psalms:83:3: They have taken crafty counsel against THY people, and consulted against THY hidden ones.

Read articles:

15) What about NATO?

33) End Time Scenario

58) Relavence of Jer. 13

61) Zechariah 5 & 6

72) How Ezekiel 16....

74) The Flaming Sword...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8124476.stm

Page last updated at 13:52 GMT, Monday, 29 June 2009 14:52 UK

Baghdad set for US pullback party

A massive party is predicted in Baghdad's Zawra Park

Iraq is preparing for a giant party in a Baghdad park and a special holiday as US troops approach their deadline to quit cities and towns.

American troops are due to withdraw to bases by Tuesday, which has been declared National Sovereignty Day and is a public holiday in Iraq.

The party is to begin shortly in Baghdad's Zawra Park, with poets and musicians due to entertain the crowd.

All US troops are scheduled to leave the country by the end of 2011.

Combat operations across Iraq are expected to end by September 2010.

With Iraqi security forces set to secure their own cities and towns from 1 July, police leave has been cancelled and extra troops have been drafted in.

Symbolic hand-over

Ahead of the withdrawal deadline, US soldiers are conspicuously absent from many of Baghdad's Shia and Sunni districts, correspondents say.

A US general handed over the symbolic key to the defence ministry

Streets have been crowded with cars and pedestrians as music blares from city shops.

Iraqi police and soldiers are manning checkpoints, inspecting identity cards and checking vehicles for weapons.

"Our expectation is that maybe some criminals will try to continue their attacks," said interior ministry spokesman Maj Gen Abdul Karim Khalaf.

"That is why orders came from the highest level of the prime minister [Nouri Maliki] that our forces should be 100% on the ground until further notice."

The former defence ministry building in Baghdad, which was taken over after the 2003 US-led invasion, was handed back to the Iraqi government on Monday.

Gen Abboud Qambar, commander of Baghdad Operation Command, received a symbolic key from US Gen Daniel Bolger, commander of US forces in Baghdad.

"This marks the end of the rule of the multi-national force," the Iraqi commander said.

Some 131,000 US troops remain in Iraq, including 12 combat brigades, and the total is not expected to drop below 128,000 until after the Iraqi national election next January.

June 30, 2009 at 6:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Read articles:

15) What about NATO?

33) End Time Scenario

58) Relavence of Jer. 13

61) Zechariah 5 & 6

72) How Ezekiel 16....

74) The Flaming Sword...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8158393.stm

Page last updated at 20:51 GMT, Sunday, 19 July 2009 21:51 UK

Tensions rise over US Iraq role

By Gabriel Gatehouse

BBC News, Baghdad

US troops cannot enter urban areas without Iraqi permission

Tensions appear to be growing between the US military and the Iraqi security forces.

They have arisen over co-operation and the restrictions imposed on the movement of American forces in urban areas inside Iraq.

The Iraqi defence ministry has confirmed the limitations.

But reports suggest US commanders have been surprised and frustrated by the new rules, suggesting they could endanger the safety of their troops.

The agreement has been in place since American troops completed their withdrawal from Iraq's towns and cities.

A spokesman for the Iraqi defence ministry told the BBC there had been no joint US-Iraqi patrols in urban areas since 30 June.

According to an agreement signed between the two sides, US forces are not allowed to enter Iraq's towns and cities unless specifically requested to do so by the Iraqi authorities, except in cases of self-defence.

The spokesman said the ministry adhered to a strict interpretation of these new rules, but some in the American military appear to take a different view.

The Washington Post newspaper quotes what it says is an email written by the commander of the US forces' Baghdad division saying his troops would continue to engage in operations inside urban areas to avert, or respond to, threats whether or not they were supported by the Iraqis.

The report suggests that US military figures did not expect the new rules to be implemented so literally, and for a limited number of joint patrols to continue following the withdrawal.

The Iraqi government has been keen to demonstrate that it is now capable of providing security without American support.

Tensions between Washington and Baghdad have become more evident as the US moves towards reducing its military presence in the country.

July 21, 2009 at 5:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Read articles:

15) What about NATO?

33) End Time Scenario

58) Relavence of Jer. 13

61) Zechariah 5 & 6

72) How Ezekiel 16....

74) The Flaming Sword...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8172734.stm

Page last updated at 15:53 GMT, Tuesday, 28 July 2009 16:53 UK

US praises Iraq's security gains

The US defence secretary was making an unannounced visit

US Defence Secretary Robert Gates has said on a visit to Iraq that its security situation has improved "amazingly" in the past three years.

He was in the country to see how US troops are adapting to their new non-combat role since withdrawing from all urban areas at the end of June.

All American troops are due to leave Iraq by 2011.

As Mr Gates visited Iraq, a top US envoy was in Jerusalem trying to revive the Arab-Israeli peace process.

Mr Gates met troops at a base in the south before travelling to the capital Baghdad, where he had talks with Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Maliki.

Iraq today is a very different place but it is not a peaceful one, and attacks still daily plague many towns and cities, the BBC's Gabriel Gatehouse reports from Baghdad.

US forces continue to patrol in some urban areas, albeit under Iraqi supervision, he says, but the Pentagon would prefer its troops to focus on training and supporting Iraqi forces.

Future disputes?

US troops withdrew from towns and cities in Iraq on 30 June, six years after the invasion, formally handing over security duties to Iraq's own forces.

US-led combat operations are due to end by September 2010 with the troop withdrawal completed by the end of 2011.

At a news conference after his talks in Baghdad, Mr Gates side-stepped a question about whether some US forces might stay on beyond a 2011 deadline for withdrawal.

The issue, he said, was best left until the end of 2010 or even 2011.

Mr Gates said the US was ready to help resolve disputes over boundaries and hydrocarbons, in a reference to tensions between Arabs and Kurds.

The US defence secretary is also due to visit Iraq's Kurdish region, where the two communities have been at odds over oil resources.

The Americans want to make sure that fighting does not start in that region as soon as they leave, our correspondent reports.

A potential deal to sell F-16 fighter jets to Baghdad had been expected to feature at Mr Gates's talks in Baghdad, but no details were given.

'Flexible' deployment

Sectarian violence was raging in Iraq when Mr Gates made his first visit as defence secretary in December 2006.

Security was now "amazingly different", he told troops assembled at the Tallil air base, near the city of Nasiriya, where he began his visit on Tuesday.

US troops there are serving mainly as advisers to Iraqi forces.

Mr Gates said he was impressed by a US artillery brigade which had come to Iraq in the spring thinking it would be on the front lines, but quickly adapted to an advisory role.

"This is a symbol of how flexible our forces are," he said.

He visited Tallil's command centre, where US and Iraqi commanders meet each morning to go over co-ordination of patrols.

Describing relations between US and Iraqi forces, he said: "Nobody's the boss or the occupier."

US Middle East envoy George Mitchell had talks with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in Jerusalem on Tuesday.

Despite reports of "good progress" at the meeting, there was no mention of Israel agreeing to halt settlement construction - a key US demand.

President Barack Obama's National Security Adviser, James Jones, is expected shortly in Israel leading a team which includes veteran diplomat Dennis Ross.

July 29, 2009 at 8:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Read articles:

15) What about NATO?

33) End Time Scenario

58) Relavence of Jer. 13

61) Zechariah 5 & 6

72) How Ezekiel 16....

74) The Flaming Sword...

Preparing for Iran US Trains Oil Rich Arab F 16 Pilots

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/133215

Elul 12, 5769, 01 September 09 04:46

by Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu

(Israelnationalnews.com) While the United States is talking up tough sanctions against Iran, it is training United Arab Emirates pilots on F-16 planes in the U.S. for the first time ever, to help the Arab nations prepare for war with Iran.

The American military previously has trained UAE pilots on their own planes for eight years and more recently on U.S. fighter planes other than the F-16.

The pilots, from seven oil-rich UAE kingdoms, are participating in an exercise at an American Air Force base in Nevada after having spent two weeks training at an Arizona base. Closer ties with the Arab states provides the U.S. with better assurance of an immediate defense if war breaks out with the Islamic Republic or if an Israeli strike on Iranian nuclear facilities prompts an all-out regional war.

Military relations with Arab states were chilled following the September 2001 terrorist attacks on the U.S. The pilots, including two from the UAE who crashed planes into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, and attempted another aborted attack, trained in the United States.

“They’re getting world-class training,” Col. Greg Stroud told Defence.com in reference to the UAE delegates.

“The Americans also work with UAE commanders to figure out what kind of surprises the Iranians might try to pull,” noted StrategyPage.com. “Arab nations fear the Iranians, who have dominated the region for thousands of years, and have a long history of coming up with imaginative tactics, and using them aggressively and often with success.”

The threat of Iran becoming a nuclear power has pushed the international community and the Islamic Republic into a diplomatic confrontation that is reaching a climax, as Iran comes close to enriching enough uranium to manufacture a nuclear warhead to be aimed at Israel.

In response to the threat of tougher United Nations sanctions, Iranian state television announced on Tuesday that the government is ready for negotiations and has prepared a new proposal. U.S. President Barack Obama has issued an ultimatum that Iran agree by the end of the month to stop its nuclear development program in return for trade benefits, or else face harsher sanctions.

The regime of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad did not reveal details of what it called its “new nuclear package.”

September 2, 2009 at 6:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

"They" in Psalm 83:3 = The beast/EU with ten horn = 10 Islamic nations.

"THY people" = House of Yudah/The modern day Jewish nation.

"THY hidden ones" = House of Yisrael/ten tribes UK & USA are the shepherd tribes.

Read articles:

15: http://bodyofyahshuakeptinyahvehsname.webs.com/15whataboutnato.htm

33: http://bodyofyahshuakeptinyahvehsname.webs.com/33endtimescenario.htm

58: http://bodyofyahshuakeptinyahvehsname.webs.com/58relavenceofjer13.htm

61:  http://bodyofyahshuakeptinyahvehsname.webs.com/61zechariah56.htm

72: http://bodyofyahshuakeptinyahvehsname.webs.com/72howezekiel16.htm

74: http://bodyofyahshuakeptinyahvehsname.webs.com/74theflamingsword.htm

Merkel makes historic US address

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8339949.stm

Page last updated at 17:49 GMT, Tuesday, 3 November 2009

Angela Merkel honours US role in WWII

German Chancellor Angela Merkel, in a rare address to both houses of Congress, has called on the US to join European efforts on global warming.

She also said Iran must not be allowed to have a nuclear weapon and reiterated Germany's commitment to Afghanistan.

Mrs Merkel is only the second German chancellor to address Congress since Konrad Adenauer in 1957.

Before her address on Capitol Hill, Mrs Merkel was hailed as an "extraordinary leader" by US President Barack Obama.

"Germany has been an extraordinarily strong ally on a whole host of international issues," Mr Obama said, with Mrs Merkel at his side in the Oval Office.

Thorny issues

Mrs Merkel - who was re-elected in September at the helm of a centre-right coalition - was welcomed with a standing ovation and her remarks were frequently met with sustained applause.

The German leader told Congress there was "no time to lose" on fighting climate change.

She urged the US to sign up to internationally binding obligations that global warming must not exceed 2C at the UN-backed meeting in Copenhagen in December.

She said China and India would be more likely to support a deal if Europe and the US set an example.

Congress is gearing up to address climate change legislation, but it is unlikely any new laws would be passed before next month's meeting, said the BBC's Adam Brookes in Washington.

On the issue of Iran's nuclear weapons programme, Mrs Merkel called for a "zero tolerance" policy.

"A nuclear bomb in the hands of an Iranian president who denies the Holocaust, threatens Israel and denies Israel the right to exist, is not acceptable," she said, referring to Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

And on Afghanistan, Mrs Merkel said Germany would "travel this road together, every step of the way" with the US, but offered no specific commitments.

The Afghanistan issue is likely to prove a thorny one during bilateral talks, says BBC Berlin correspondent Steve Rosenberg.

The US wants Germany to send more troops to Afghanistan, a request that would not go down well with the German public, says our correspondent.

On a personal note, Mrs Merkel recounted her days as a child in East Germany, and expressed thanks to the US for its role in the fall of the Berlin Wall 20 years ago this month.

November 3, 2009 at 6:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

"THY hidden ones" = House of Yisrael/ten tribes UK & USA are the shepherd tribes.

Read articles:

61: http://bodyofyahshuakeptinyahvehsname.webs.com/61zechariah56.htm

74: http://bodyofyahshuakeptinyahvehsname.webs.com/74theflamingsword

Obama ‘Reaches Out’ by Naming ‘Devout’ Muslims to Security Posts

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/134466

Cheshvan 30, 5770, 17 November 09 03:52

by Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu

(Israelnationalnews.com) U.S. President Barack Obama continues to “reach out to Muslims” by appointing them to key security posts amid charges he wrongly ignored internal Muslim terror. One recent appointee was harshly criticized for appearing on a British-based television station whose host is a member of a radical Muslim group.

President Obama has continued to “reach out Muslims,” as he said in his keynote speech in Cairo last June, and this past week he swore in a Muslim rights advocate to the Homeland Security Advisory Council, shortly after the Fort Hood massacre. HSAC members are involved in expertise on national security.

The new member is Syrian-born Kareem Shora, who was the national executive director of the Arab-American Anti-Discrimination (ADC), which previously has called on the United States to stop providing Israel with weapons because of alleged “atrocities” against Arabs. Her background for her new security post is having been a legal counsel and advocate for Muslim civil rights.

She also has been a frequent guest on the pro-Hamas al-Jazeera satellite network.

Shora, who has been described as a “devout Muslim, joins another devout member of the faith, Arif Alikhan, who was appointed as Assistant Secretary for Policy Development in the Department of Homeland Security. His qualifications for the job were listed as having been in charge of public safety in Los Angeles during his term of deputy mayor. One of his actions was to remove the plan that tracked Muslims in the city who were suspected of terrorist activities.

Americans have been jolted by several lethal attacks and confrontations with Muslims over the past year, including a plot to attack synagogues and down U.S. military aircraft, the manufacture of bombs, an alleged attempt to explode a Texas skyscraper, a plot to blow up malls in Boston, and last month’s Fort Hood massacre by a Muslim psychiatrist who was an officer in the army.

A desire to avoid the appearance of labeling all Muslims as terrorists lunged out from the shadows last month after President Obama faced criticism for not taking seriously the threat of Muslim terrorism within American society as well as in the Middle East, Asia and Africa.

Several months ago, President Obama appointed Dalia Mogahed, a “devout Muslim,” to his Council on Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships. She quickly came under fire for appearing in a telephone interview on a London-based Muslim television station, whose host is a member of an extreme Islamic group.

She said was unaware of the affiliations of her host, whose program included questions and comments favoring the implementation of Islamic Law (“sharia”).

Mogahed explained that she did not hang up the phone in the middle of the interview because "I assumed that very few people would watch this show but that doing something more dramatic would bring more attention."

In the current issue of Newsweek, columnist Jacob Weisberg, citing former Secretary of State Colin Powell, wrote that “Obama's [Muslim] heritage feeds a broader suspicion that he is too casual about the threat from America's Islamist enemies.”

The journalist added, “With the massacre in Texas, Obama now confronts something that George W. Bush did not face in the years after September 11—not just a major act of domestic terrorism, but one struck from inside our security apparatus…. America does not face a threat from the perversion of faith in general. We face a threat from the perversion of one faith in particular.”

November 17, 2009 at 6:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Yirmi'Yah/Jeremiah:13:21:Whatwilt thou say when HE shall punish thee? for thou hast taught themto becaptains, and as chief over thee: shall not sorrows take thee, asawoman in travail?

Revelation:6:5:Andwhen he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say,Come andsee. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat onhim had apair of balances in his hand.

Re:6:6:AndI heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure ofwheatfor a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and seethou hurtnot the oil and the wine.

Re:13:1:AndI stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out ofthesea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns tencrowns,and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

I have been looking at the Beast government all-wrong. I was thinking the tenkings would be coming out of Europe but I don't believe that is the case. I believe the ten kings will unite with the European Union to fight against the "House of Israel" and the "House of Judah" (Ezek.4).The European Union is the head of the beast that the ten hornsaremounted on. The ten kings will be coming out of the Middle East.

None of the tribes of Israel of the "House of Yisrael" can be part of the European Union so something has to happen between now or may be right when the "son of perdition" takes away the sacrifices (Daniel12:11) the structure of the European Union will change. I have said in the pass that World War II was a marker of who the tribes of Israel are.Those allies that fought on the side of the UK and USA and weretakenover by the Axis powers in North Western Europe are more than likely ofthe tribes of Israel. If you look at the membership of NATO there are19 member nations. Ten are believed to be of the "House of Israel" the USA and UK being the shepherd tribes (Genesis 48, 49:22-26)and the other nine are considered gentile nations (Australia and NewZealandare part of the "House of Israel"):

RememberI believe Revelation 6:5-6 the third seal with the black horse isdealing with economy, buying and selling (Rev. 13:17).

Read articles:

Allegation: Some Contractors in Afghanistan Paying Protection Moneyto Taliban

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2009/12/21/allegation-contractors-in-afghanistan-paying-protection-money-t/?icid=main|main|dl3|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.politicsdaily.com%2F2009%2F12%2F21%2Fallegation-contractors-in-afghanistan-paying-protection-money-t%2F%0D%0A

Posted:

12/21/09

Filed Under:Afghanistan

Some international contractors, hired by the United States to build roads and other large construction projects in Afghanistan,are paying Taliban insurgents not to attack them and to act as their security guards,according to allegations filed with the Pentagon and otherU.S. investigative agencies.

The allegations are part of widening U.S. probes into deals between contractors paidby the U.S. government and the Taliban insurgents against whom American troops are fighting a bloody war.

Amongthe allegations are accusations by an American security contractor based in eastern Afghanistan that the Taliban are being paid off not to attack certain projects, and the money is being used to buy weapons and explosives.

The construction contractors "get ahold of the local Taliban commander, ask how much will it cost us to get this work done and have you not mess with us, and by the way we'll hire you to do the security,''the American security contractor told me recently in Gardez, a major city in eastern Afghanistan.

The security contractor asked not to be identified by nameto protect himself.

"If I disappear, you guys will have a starting place for an investigation, ''he wrote in an e-mail to investigators for the U.S.Special Inspector General for Afghan Reconstruction, an independent investigative agency chartered by Congress.

That agency turned the allegations over to the Defense Criminal Investigative Service, an office within the Pentagon's Office of the Inspector General. A senior official at the Defense Criminal Investigative Servicedid not respond to a request about whether an investigation into the allegations is under way. Gary M. Comerford, a spokesman for DCIS and thePentagon Inspector General, said the agency does not normally acknowledge when it undertakes an investigation.

If the allegations of pay offs are borne out, they would help explain how the Taliban in eastern Afghanistan have been able to wage a costly war against U.S. troops. Taliban fighters are paid more than Afghan police, in most cases, and the explosives and hardware used in roadside bombs and suicide vests are costly to procure, transport and deploy, U.S. officials said.

Since 2001, the United States has spent $39 billion on reconstruction projectsin Afghanistan, including work on roads, bridges, dams and power plants. Most of the work is done by large international corporations which, in turn, contract with other international and even local companies. It is not clear in these complex contracts who holds responsibility for ensuring security at work sites.

Despite the massive American presence in Afghanistan of both military and civilian personnel, U.S.officials acknowledge there is insufficient scrutiny of the contractors and the costs they claim for their work, including for security.

In many cases, it is common for contractors on U.S.-funded projects to hire local Afghans for security work. But there are too few inspectors to check up on where the money really goes.

"The problem is their inspectors can't get out to see the [work] sites because of security. There's so much corruption and nobody to investigate it,'' the security contractor said.

The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) funds many of the development projects in Afghanistan. Its own inspector general, Donald Gambatesa, told the U.S. Commission on War time Contracting last spring that "the lack of security imposes significant constraints on USAID's ability to monitor its programs.''

US AID officials, he said, "are unable to make routinesite visits, and their official counter parts are often reluctant to be seen meeting with Americans.''

The Commission onWar time Contracting is an independent,bipartisan group set up by Congress to monitor the growing number of U.S.-funded contractors working in Iraqand Afghanistan.

In a hearing on Friday in Washington, the commission was told by Kenneth P.Moorefield, assistant Defense Department inspector general for Southwest Asia, that the problem persists and that the Pentagon is short of funds and auditors to keep an eye on contracts.

Thecontract auditors have "attempted to get ahead ofthe curve -- there's a need to dig out of a hole,'' he said, but added: "There's a constant struggle over limited resources.''

Separate from allegations about the Taliban and construction security, a House panel last week broadened its investigation into charges that private contractors paid off  Taliban insurgents not to attack truck convoys carrying war materiel through Pakistan and into Afghanistan.

"Serious allegations have been brought to the subcommittee's attention that private security providers for U.S.transportation contractors in Afghanistan are regularly paying local warlords and the Taliban for security,'' said Rep. John F. Tierney, a Massachusetts Democrat and chairman of the National Security and Foreign Affairs Subcommittee of the House Government Reform Committee.

"If shown to be true, it would mean that the United States is unintentionally engaged in a vast protection racket and, as such, may be indirectly funding the very insurgents we are trying to fight,''Tierney said.

Tierney's investigators have asked for Pentagon documents relating to a $2.2billion contract with several trucking companies to carry goods into Afghanistan.

The Taliban-related allegation in eastern Afghanistan involves construction on a strategic road between Gardez and Khost, a route that runs over high mountains and directly through territory dominated by the Haqqani Taliban, one of the most ruthless of several Taliban subgroups.

The security contractor alleged that the Haqqani network, which provides foreign fighters from Pakistan for the security work onthe roads, is paid tens of thousands of dollars in what amounts to a protection racket.

The Haqqani network is responsible for IEDs and attacks that have killed dozens of American troops and hundreds of Afghan civilians, according to senior U.S. commanders.

"Haqqani has poured money into Khost,'' Col. Michael Howard, who commands abrigade combat team in the region, told me this fall. "Those IEDs cost a ton of money, those suicide vests, the vehicle-borne IEDs cost thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars.''

The security contractor said he had stumbled across the alleged contractor payments to the Taliban, and when he complained to company officials that "the U.S. is not in the business of giving our enemy money to fight us,'' was told that hiring the Taliban was "a necessary evil.''

The security contractor also said the Taliban are paid to tip off trucking contractors when an attack is planned on a convoy, but that the information is not passed on to the U.S. military, whose convoys are hit regularly by IEDs.

"I have yet to find a security company that doesn't rely on payoffs to the Taliban,'' the contractor said.

December 21, 2009 at 5:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Yirmi'Yah/Jeremiah:13:21:Whatwiltthou say when HE shall punish thee? for thou hast taught themtobecaptains, and as chief over thee: shall not sorrows take thee,asawoman in travail?

Revelation:6:5:Andwhenhe had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say,Come andsee.And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat onhim had apair ofbalances in his hand.

Re:6:6:AndIheard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure ofwheatfora penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and seethou hurtnotthe oil and the wine.

Re:13:1:AndIstood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out ofthesea,having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns tencrowns,and uponhis heads the name of blasphemy.

Ihave been looking at the Beast government all-wrong. I was thinking thetenkings would be coming out of Europe but I don't believe that is thecase. I believe the ten kings will unite with the European Union tofight against the "House of Israel" and the "House of Judah"(Ezek.4).The European Union is the head of the beast that the tenhornsaremounted on. The ten kings will be coming out of the Middle East.

Noneof the tribes of Israel of the "House of Yisrael" can be part of theEuropean Union so something has to happen between now or may be rightwhen the "son of perdition" takes away the sacrifices (Daniel12:11) thestructure of the European Union will change. I have said in the passthat World War II was a marker of who the tribes of Israel are.Thoseallies that fought on the side of the UK and USA and weretakenover bythe Axis powers in North Western Europe are more than likely ofthetribes of Israel. If you look at the membership of NATO there are19member nations. Ten are believed to be of the "House of Israel" the USAand UK being the shepherd tribes (Genesis 48, 49:22-26)and the othernine are considered gentile nations (Australia and NewZealandare partof the "House of Israel"):

RememberI believe Revelation 6:5-6 the third seal with the black horse isdealing with economy, buying and selling (Rev. 13:17).

Read articles:

Afghan security move 'this year'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8485861.stm

Afghan forces could take control of security in some provinces by the endof 2010, delegates at a key summit about the country have said.

A statement at the end of the one-day meeting in London said the process could be completewithin five years.

UK Foreign Minister David Miliband described 2010 as a "decisive"year because a new government was in place, but warned of a"refreshed" insurgency.

World leaders pledged $140m (£87m) to win over low-level Taliban fighters.

Afghan President Hamid Karzai has recently announced plans to encourageTaliban members to renounce violence and join in peace talks.

"We must reach out to all of our countrymen, especially ourdisenchanted brothers, who are not part of al-Qaeda, or other terroristnetworks, who accept the Afghan constitution," he told delegates.

Mr Miliband, restating Britain'ssupport of the plan, said the summit participants were also behind it.

"Today alone there have been over $140m worth of commitments for thefirst year of the national reintegration programme and we are committed toseeing that through."

Mr Miliband said: "The aim of the conference was to align the militaryand civilian resources of every coalition partner behind a clear politicalstrategy, to help President Karzai and his government deliver the ambitiousagenda that he set out in his inaugural speech last November.

"The themes of mutual responsibility - Afghan and international - andof unity behind a clear plan came through very strongly indeed."

The final communique from the summit in Londonsaid it welcomed Afghanistan'sgoal of taking charge of the "majority of operations in the insecure areasof Afghanistanwithin three years and taking responsibility for physical security within fiveyears".

COMMUNIQUE'S KEY POINTS

·  Handover security duties in Afghan provincesstarting in late 2010 or early 2011

·  Funds to reintegrate Taliban who cut tieswith al-Qaeda

·  Hold a 2010 summit in Kabul to develop concrete plans for theAfghan government programme

·  Backs start of discussions on a newAfghan-led IMF programme

·  Increase share of aid delivered through theAfghan government to 50% in two years

·  Increase Afghan military strength to 171,600and police numbers to 134,000 by October 2011

It said the international community would continue to improve thecapabilities of the Afghan security forces, boosting the army to 171,600 andthe police to 134,000 personnel by October 2011.

The summit said the Afghan government had acknowledged that it had to tacklecorruption.

'No exit strategy'

The High Office of Oversight would investigate and sanction corruptofficials, and once conditions for aid delivery were met, the proportion of aidchannelled through the government would rise to 50%, Mr Miliband said.

US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said reforms planned by PresidentKarzai, such as tackling corruption and effectively managing aid, wereimportant and the USwould be watching them carefully.

The security transition from international forces to Afghan forces wouldalso enable the USto start withdrawing its troops from the country in mid-2011.

But Mrs Clinton said: "This is not an exit strategy. It is aboutassisting and partnering with the Afghans."

The summit said the Afghan government had made progress on economicdevelopment, and it hoped it would continue to boost agriculture, human resourcesand infrastructure.

The BBC's diplomatic correspondent Jonathan Marcus said the theme of theconference was unity and coherence, but also an acknowledgement that there wasno military solution to Afghanistan'sproblems.

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/south_asia/8485861.stm

Published: 2010/01/28 17:53:37 GMT

January 28, 2010 at 5:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Yirmi'Yah/Jeremiah:13:21:Whatwiltthousay when HE shall punish thee? for thou hast taught themtobecaptains,and as chief over thee: shall not sorrows take thee,asawoman in travail?

Revelation:6:5:And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say,Come andsee.AndI beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.

Re:6:6: And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and seethou hurtnottheoil and the wine.

Re:13:1: And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea,having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns,and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

I have been looking at the Beast government all-wrong. I was thinking the ten kings would be coming out of Europe but I don't believe that is the case. I believe the ten kings will unite with the European Union to fight against the "House of Israel" and the "House of Judah"(Ezek.4).The European Union is the head of the beast that the ten horns are mounted on. The ten kings will be coming out of the Middle East.

None of the tribes of Israel of the "House of Yisrael" can be part of the European Union so something has to happen between now or may be right when the"son of perdition" takes away the sacrifices (Daniel12:11) the structure of the European Union will change. I have said in the pass that World War II was a marker of who the tribes of Israel are. Those allies that fought on the side of the UK and USA and were taken over bythe Axis powers in North Western Europe are more than likely of the tribes of  Israel. If you look at the membership of NATO there are19 membernations. Ten are believed to be of the "House of Israel" the USA and UK being the shepherd tribes (Genesis 48, 49:22-26) and the other nine are considered gentile nations (Australia and New Zeal and are partof the "House of Israel"):

Read articles:

Iraq reverses Baath election bans

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8496169.stm

Iraq has lifted a ban on nearly 500 candidates barred from the March election foralleged links to the late Saddam Hussein's Baathist party.

The ban was lifted by an appeals panel on candidates listed last month bythe post-Saddam Justice and Accountability Committee, election officials said.

Correspondents say the repeal of the ban has been welcomed by Sunnipoliticians who felt it targeted them.

Restrictions on former Baathists have been eased in recent years.

"The appeals panel decided to allow the banned candidates toparticipate in the next election and decided to postpone looking into the caseuntil after the election," said Hamdiya al-Husseini, a member of theIndependent High Electoral Commission.

She said successful candidates on the list would not be able to assumeoffice until the appeals panel had given a final ruling on their cases.

Reconciliation concerns

Iraqi President Jalal Talabani had asked for the ban to be lifted, sayingthe commission's decision might not have been legal as it was not approved byparliament.

Although the list included candidates from across the sectarian divide, thedecision will be seen primarily as a victory for Sunni politicians, who hadfelt disproportionately targeted by the ban, says the BBC's Gabriel Gatehousein Baghdad.

Many in the once-dominant Sunni minority had regarded the barring of theircandidates as a tactic to marginalise them.

A spokesman for prominent Sunni politician Saleh al-Mutlaq told the BBC hewelcomed the ruling.

But there are those in Iraqwho believe strongly that there is no place in public life for people with tiesto the now-outlawed Baath party, through which Saddam Hussein ruled Iraq, says ourcorrespondent.

The 7 March general election is regarded as a crucial test for Iraq's national reconciliation process ahead ofa planned USmilitary withdrawal in stages.

Many Sunni Arabs boycotted the last parliamentary election in 2005.

Baathism is a form of secular Arab nationalism and was the ideology espousedby Saddam Hussein when he came to power.

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/middle_east/8496169.stm

Published: 2010/02/03 15:07:02 GMT

February 3, 2010 at 6:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Yirmi'Yah/Jeremiah:13:21:Whatwiltthousay when HE shall punish thee? for thou hast taught themtobecaptains,and as chief over thee: shall not sorrows take thee,asawoman in travail?

Revelation:6:5:And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say,Come andsee.AndI beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.

Re:6:6: And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and seethou hurtnottheoil and the wine.

Re:13:1: And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea,having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns,and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

I have been looking at the Beast government all-wrong. I was thinking the ten kings would be coming out of Europe but I don't believe that is the case. I believe the ten kings will unite with the European Union to fight against the "House of Israel" and the "House of Judah"(Ezek.4).The European Union is the head of the beast that the ten horns are mounted on. The ten kings will be coming out of the Middle East.

None of the tribes of Yisrael of the "House of Yisrael" can be part of the European Union so something has to happen between now or may be right when the"son of perdition" takes away the sacrifices (Daniel12:11) the structure of the European Union will change. I have said in the pass that World War II was a marker of who the tribes of Yisrael are. Those allies that fought on the side of the UK and USA and were taken over bythe Axis powers in North Western Europe are more than likely of the tribes of Yisrael. If you look at the membership of NATO there are19 membernations. Ten are believed to be of the "House of Yisrael" the USA and UK being the shepherd tribes (Genesis 48, 49:22-26) and the other nine are considered gentile nations (Australia and New Zeal and are partof the "House of Yisrael"):

Read articles:

Gaddafi: Obama from Arab Descent, a 'Blessing' to Muslim World

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/137062

Iyar 4, 5770, 18 April 10 10:31

by Hana Levi Julian

(Israelnationalnews.com) Libyan leader Muammar al-Gaddafi blessed U.S. President Barack Obama as a “friend” over the weekend in a speech published by the London-based al-Hayat newspaper, labeling him “an African from Arab descent, from Muslim descent.”

Gaddafi's speech was delivered in the city of Sirt at an event marking the 24th anniversary of a U.S. attack on Libya.

Gaddafi was quoted by the Arabic-language newspaper as saying that any dispute between Libya and the United States had since vanished. “Now, ruling America is a black man from our continent,” he explained, “an African from Arab descent, from Muslim descent, and this is something we never imagined – that from Reagan we would get to Barakeh (Arabic for Barack) Obama.” He called Obama's presence in the White House “a major historical gain.”

The Libyan leader went on to say that he personally considered the American president “a friend,” explaining, "He knows he is a son of Africa. Regardless of his African belonging, he is of Arab Sudanese descent, of Muslim descent. He is a man whose policy should be supported, and he should be assisted in implementing it in any way possible, since he is now leaning towards peace.”

Gaddafi also pointed out that regardless of what Arab leaders might say in public for English-language consumption, the truth comes out in private conversation, and in Arabic-language speeches at home.

“The Arabs hate America, there is no doubt. There is not an Arab that loves America,” he admitted, “and even the leaders who the United States considers allies or friends, hate it. The external love is merely hypocrisy or pragmatism.”

Gaddafi blamed “Palestine” for the hatred, saying “The Palestinians today are like the Jews of the past – dispersed in exile and persecuted. Now the Palestinians are at a point where they deserve to have the United States on their side and not on the side of the Israelis.”

The Libyan leader has been campaigning for a one-state solution – to be called “Isratine” – in which the so-called “Right of Return” would be implemented for millions of foreign-born Arabs, descendants of those who fled the area during the 1948 War for Independence. The bi-national state that would be created in Gaddafi's vision would be a democratic, nuclear-free country populated equally by Arabs and Jews, and would not be a Jewish nation. Israel, in its current form, would cease to exist.

April 18, 2010 at 11:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

None of the tribes of Yisrael of the "House of Yisrael" can be part of the European Union so something has to happen between now or may be right when the"son of perdition" takes away the sacrifices (Daniel12:11) the structure of the European Union will change. I have said in the pass that World War II was a marker of who the tribes of Yisrael are. Those allies that fought on the side of the UK and USA and were taken over bythe Axis powers in North Western Europe are more than likely of the tribes of Yisrael. If you look at the membership of NATO there are19 membernations. Ten are believed to be of the "House of Yisrael" the USA and UK being the shepherd tribes (Genesis 48, 49:22-26) and the other nine are considered gentile nations (Australia and New Zeal and are partof the "House of Yisrael"):

Read articles:

4: http://bodyofyahshuakeptinyahvehsname.webs.com/74theflamingsword

Report: PA Forces Turn to Hamas

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/137174

Iyar 9, 5770, 23 April 10 12:34

by Maayana Miskin

(Israelnationalnews.com) While Palestinian Authority officials put the focus on winning concessions from Israel, a recent WorldNetDaily report indicates that they may face a greater challenge – a Hamas uprising from within. Support for Hamas is growing within PA ranks, WND said, as it did in Gaza prior to the 2007 Hamas takeover of the region.

Quoting PA sources, WND said several members of Fatah had recently been arrested for helping Hamas to establish an infrastructure in Shechem. Fatah members helped a doctor smuggle roughly $1 million to Hamas for the purpose of buying weapons, the sources said.

Hamas is suspected of rebuilding its terrorist infrastructure in other Judea and Samaria cities as well. Hamas terrorists in Jenin recently managed to obtain hundreds of high-powered assault rifles, PA officials said.

In addition, PA officials suspect that Hamas is infiltrating Fatah by secretly recruiting members, including those in the PA armed forces. Many young members of the forces have received military training from the US, as part of a plan to train the PA to fight terrorist uprisings.

Hamas is believed by many PA analysts to have infiltrated Fatah in Gaza prior to its takeover of Gaza in 2007. The fight for Gaza was relatively swift and bloodless – of the several tens of thousands of armed Hamas and Fatah members in Gaza, slightly more than 100 were killed, and Hamas completed its takeover in under one week. Some analysts believe the Hamas victory was swift because many Fatah fighters stood aside and willingly allowed the Islamic group to seize control.

Hamas has previously threatened to conquer Judea and Samaria, but more recently has made overtures to Fatah and is seeking reunification.

PA Troops Jailed for Terrorism

The WND report came as PA officers were arrested on suspicion of involvement in terrorism. According to PA media, Israeli troops arrested two members of the PA's US-trained forces, one of them a member of the elite Presidential Guard unit.

A third PA officer, Salim Ubayat, was recently convicted and sentenced for terrorist attacks on Israel. Ubayat was convicted of membership in the Al-Aksa Martyrs Brigades, of planning bombing attacks and of carrying out shooting attacks in Judea and Samaria.

April 23, 2010 at 6:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.